Sunday, May 10, 2009

so pretty

rococo zephyr by bill callahan

the opening music, the steady guitar plucks and the otherworldly strings, and the first four words of this song, have already made me cry in my first two listens. already, this song kills me. then. . .

wait till the rest of the instruments and vocals kick in. the song simply, nicely, world-engulfingly, just kicks your head in.

holy fucking shit. this music makes me want to die, i mean live, LIVE, jump down the fucking hills,
shit, i could listen to the first six, no twelve, no, eighteen, no, twenty four, no, thirty four seconds of this song. over and over.

enough of that. abbreviated or not, this song will easily make you smile no matter how you listen to it.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It is very pretty, I agree. I like the contrast of his strong voice and all of the sweet sounding music right at the beginning.